Flat Kit is a complete solution to achieve the stylish cel-shaded look: shaders, models, image effects, presets, examples.
The custom shading model is versatile enough to work great for classic cel/toon shading and for unique styles of experimental projects.
• Polished Cel shading with lots of capabilities (see below)
• Gradient fog: Multi-stop horizontal/vertical gradient Fog Image Effect
• Water shader
• Outline Image Effect and Outline shader
• LightPlane shader for 3D highlights and god rays
• Mobile support
• Built-in and URP support – all object shaders and post-processing effects support both rendering pipelines.
• Terrain shader that works with Unity or third party terrain
• Vertex color support (built-in RP only), also works with Polybrush
• Ability to control Unity built-in shadows
• Indirect lighting support
• Intuitive, simple and streamlined interface — use only what you need
• Color the scene precisely — without guesswork
• Full source code
• Elaborated online manual
Core Cel shader overview:
• Cel shading with parametric banding: single, steps, curve
• Two independent cel layers
• Height gradient layer
• Couple of outline tools
• Parametric blend between normal and cel shading
• Stylized specular and rim lighting
• Normal map support
• Reusable custom lighting in a .cginc file that you can integrate in your shaders (not required).
The package includes:
• 4 uber-shaders with lots of toggles and parameters
• Custom lighting library for toon shading
• 2 post-processing effects: fog and outline
• 11 demo scenes
• 100+ models
• 20+ material presets